MobyX is a start-up company that mainly focuses on developing transport-related software solutions related to data collection, transport modelling and decision-making support. MobyX also works on new passenger and freight mobility concepts and technologies (e.g., self-driving vehicles) providing planning support and market guidelines to authorities and companies for their implementation in real environments.
MobyX currently has two main products, while other two are under development. The two developed products are: 1. the MobyApp: a smartphone application that collects user data to derive travel demand survey information effortlessly and efficiently, and 2. The HARMONY MS: a new generation of integrated spatial and transport planning software platform that offers capabilities of simulating the dynamics that new mobility services and technologies impose to the transport system.
MobyX has two job openings for “Transport modeller – Data Scientist” to join our team of experienced travel modellers and software developers. You’ll be involved and deliver some of the sector’s most innovative projects, contributing to the development of our toolkits and stretching your modelling and stakeholder engagement skills to the limit.
· Developing data analytics modules for mobility
· Deploying Machine Learning techniques for transport modelling and operational processes of data collection in transport
· Developing travel demand models using both conventional and machine learning techniques for operational and planning purposes
· Contributing to the development of transport network models and simulation
· Developing processes and methodologies for effectively integrating demand models into traffic simulation, ensuring accuracy and reliability.
· Preparing various project deliverables, such as reports, papers, and documentation, to disseminate research findings and assisting in project management.
· Analyse travel demand related quantitative data to assess citizens and stakeholders’ preferences for topics related to new mobility services and technologies.
· Support the expansion of MobyX with raising funding activities (consultancy or research projects) and enterprise activities.
Essential Qualification Requirements
· Postgraduate degree in economics, maths, engineering or another quantitative field related to transport (MSc or PhD)
· Specialization in transport and econometrics
· Ability to handle travel related data from different sources
· Good programming knowledge in Python
· Have strong analytical skills
· Have problem-solving and innovation skills
· Have working knowledge (written and oral) of English
· Be able to work with strict deadlines
· Right to work in Cyprus or in Europe
What we offer
Generous salary package which includes:
- Competitive salary – salary range: 23,000 to 35,000 Euro gross (depending on the CV and experience)
- Stipend for setting up a home office and purchasing office supplies
- Monthly internet bill stipend
- Personal allowance stipend
- Fully remote work environment
More Perks & Benefits
- 22 paid vacation days
- 16 National holidays
- Away days in the beautiful Mediterranean island
- Team bonding activities
- Training opportunities and professional growth
- If you love travelling, we’ve got you!
A quick three step-Hiring process
- A casual discussion with the hiring manager
- A technical interview with our senior developers
- A final interview with our Directors
Preferably Cyprus or within European Union– flexible remote working and flexible working hours
Submit your CV describing also relevant experience to the requirements: [email protected]