MOBY X Software Ltd.
Location: Remote (EU)
MobyX is a growing startup based in Cyprus, passionate about building innovative software solutions for the transportation sector. We’re seeking a skilled backend developer to join our team and help us take our software to the next level. You must be eligible to work in the EU.
As a Backend Engineer at MobyX, you will be working closely with the frontend team (mobile and web) and the data science team, to provide them with the best way to set up, maintain and improve the data infrastructure of our products.
Your day-to-day work is expected to focus on the technical aspects of the products; accommodate the business needs, recognize and address constraints, and ultimately design and implement solutions that are robust and scalable.
You will report to our Head of Product Development, and you are expected to take full ownership over your assigned tasks.
- Maintain the legacy Typescript codebase and refactor when needed
- Create, deploy and test API endpoints
- Take the lead regarding server maintenance and administration
- Design and develop cross platform features and collaborate with bordering teams
- Produce clean, maintainable code and document your work
Essential Skills (with descending order)
- Typescript & Node.js (Express)
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Familiar with back-end integration with web and mobile applications
How to stand out
- Relevant experience on the backend
- AWS + Nginx
- Kafka, Zookeeper
- Message brokers (e.g., RabbitMQ, Redis)
- Passing knowledge of Python & Flask
- HTTPS, SSL, security, encrypted communication
- Experience in solutions architecture
- Eligible to work in the EU, preferably Cyprus
- Fluency in professional English (written & spoken)
- Comfortable with working on a remote-only setup
What we offer
- Generous salary package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Stipend for setting up a home office and purchasing office supplies
- Monthly internet bill stipend
- Personal allowance stipend
- Fully remote work environment
More Perks & Benefits
- 22 paid vacation days
- 16 National holidays
- Away days in Cyprus for team bonding
- Training opportunities and professional growth
A quick three-step Hiring process
- A casual discussion with the hiring manager
- A technical interview with the Product Team
- A final interview with our Directors
Working at MobyX
We work on a remote-only setup, with employees that join us from all around Europe.
Currently MobyX offers two main products;
- MobyApp: a smartphone application that collects user data and derives travel demand patterns
- Harmony-MS: a new generation integrated spatial and transport planning software platform that enables our clients to explore the dynamics of new mobility services and combine multiple models in one place
If this sounds like your next dream job, get in touch with us at [email protected]